Should my benefit be backdated? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should my benefit be backdated?

Options
2»

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Now you're in LCWRA you won't have a work coach and this isn't something a work coach can look at. 
    You need to put it under 'payments' or 'services issues'. Let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • thatsmyname
    thatsmyname Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Options
    Thankyou Adrian_Scope ill just have to wait and see i guess dont think they will be in a hurry to backdate it but we will see...i have used service issues section to give them a telling off and to at least reply to me 
  • tru88le
    tru88le Posts: 201 Courageous
    Options
    calcotti said:
    The LCWRA element is payable for the fourth complete assessment period after you first reported your health condition supported by a Fit N1ote. Depending on your assessment period dates this will be from your payment in April or May 2020.
    That being the case, when the award is given, do you still have to wait 3 assessment periods to start being paid despite the 3 month wait already being served. If not when should it be paid?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2021
    Options
    tru88le said:
    calcotti said:
    The LCWRA element is payable for the fourth complete assessment period after you first reported your health condition supported by a Fit N1ote. Depending on your assessment period dates this will be from your payment in April or May 2020.
    That being the case, when the award is given, do you still have to wait 3 assessment periods to start being paid despite the 3 month wait already being served. If not when should it be paid?
    As advised the 3 month wait is from when you reported the health condition, not from when the decision is made. of it has taken longer than 3 months to make the decision then arrears will be due. As also advised i my last reply, in your case that would appear to from April or May depending on your assessment dates.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.