Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

asking doctor for a sopporting letter of evidence

jojo7777jojo7777 Member Posts: 39 Listener
hi,ive just sent a letter in to my doctor asking her if she can help my wca claim by sopporting evidence of my leg conditions and my back condition,ie...xray results,medication im on,and physio tat she has refered me too....will she do this for me,as im currently waiting to be assessed for a f2f for universal credit wca

Replies

• jojo7777jojo7777 Member Posts: 39 Listener
    i had an over the phone assessment last year but they didnt hve enugh evdence so now need a f2f...,since then i now have a new health condition on top of my existing ones..and was told any sopporting eviedence from doctor will help my case
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Best evidence will be anecdotal and addressed to whether you can perform activities repeatedly and safely in a work setting. Your diagnosis likely won’t be in dispute so it’s not clear what GP evidence brings to the table.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,730 Disability Gamechanger
    As Mike says a letter from a GP is usually of little help.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • jojo7777jojo7777 Member Posts: 39 Listener
    i dont understand,
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 763 Pioneering
    edited February 9
    jojo7777 said:
    i dont understand,
    Basically it’s your responsibility to address how you meet the descriptors.

You need to demonstrate how your day to day activities are impacted by your health conditions/disability. 

A GP won’t know this. 

Yes they can confirm a diagnosis or a test result.
Sign in or join us to comment.