Questions about PIP. Hope someone can help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Questions about PIP. Hope someone can help?

ThankGod
ThankGod Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hello everyone, I'm a new member.
I am suffering from mental health problems.  I was on DLA for about 3 years a number of years ago but I felt too intimidated by the process to ever re-apply when the award ran out.

I finally applied for PIP last year.  Had my phone assessment in mid January.  The assessment took nearly three hours and was very thorough.  The DWP received my written assessment report one week ago and I now have a copy of that report.  In the report I have been given 13 points for Daily Care and 10 points for Mobility.  Although there are a couple of things the assessor didn't get quite right, overall the report is fine.

The assessor has ticked the box saying my functional restrictions are likely to still be there at the time of review.  She has recommended my award is reviewed in 18 months.

Can anyone clarify what that means in terms of what sort of award I might get?

When I requested my report last week the DWP staff said that at the moment it's taking approx 2 weeks from date of receipt of the assessment report for them to make a decision.  So if that's true I'd expect to receive a decision by next week?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    8 points needed for standard rate, 12 points for enhanced rate so if the Decision Maker goes with that point score the award will be Enhanced Rate Daily Living and Standard Rate Mobility.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

As above if they go with the report 

It may take longer though for the decision de9ends on back logs 

Let us know the outcome 
  • ThankGod
    What does the "review in 18 months" part and saying my functioning will still be restricted at that time mean?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It is just recommendation that the award is reviewed after 18 months and as it says they think your functioning will still be restricted on review 
  • ThankGod
    janer1967 said:
    It is just recommendation that the award is reviewed after 18 months and as it says they think your functioning will still be restricted on review 
    Thanks
  • ThankGod
    Wait until you’ve got a decision but I’d definitely challenge the length of the award as your previous DLA award suggests nothing is changing any time soon. You can challenge the length of the award without risking the amounts at all.
    Thanks for this info!  I just went back through my old financial records and it seems I was on DLA from 2010 through to 2015, so I was on it for up to 5 years it seems.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.