Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Anyone else dealing with PTSD & similar mental health issues? Are you getting adequate care?
Wondering whether anyone else here has PTSD and other trauma-related mental health problems? If so, do you feel you are getting enough care? Has your Mental Health Team been helpful to you. I have been fighting for years to get enough medical help. Because I look "normal" and am articulate, over the years doctors and nurses have been way too quick to write me off as being fine and not in need of help. But the reality is I am barely able to function. I recently had 12 weeks of trauma-focused psychotherapy on the NHS and it was amazingly helpful. But they only offer 12 weeks at a time, and then it's a waiting list of about 6 months to get further therapy.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.