Hi, my name is Research2021! Does anyone have advice on not losing hope with MR? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Research2021! Does anyone have advice on not losing hope with MR?

Options
Research2021
Research2021 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, was on enhanced rate Pip for both components severe mental health condition bipolar disorder depression and anxiety for 3 years. Went from 27 points to 1 on review when condition has got worse latest psychiatric sectioning in December 2020. Currently under Mandatory reconsideration with further evidence submitted. What advice can anyone give me so as to not loose hope and give up worrying so much? Thanks...

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

If you have already submitted mr not a lot you can do other than wait for decision 

It will depend on how good you have tepresented your case in the mr but the success rate isnt fantastic but there are cases where decision is overturned 

If not you can then go to tribunal so it's not end of it till then and success rate at tribunal is a lot higher 

Good luck and let us know how you get on 

• Research2021
    Options
    I have submitted support worker letter, social worker letter, detention letters , hospital and police reports about my mental health. Was told my decision will be made in the next week by case manager. Have a feeling it will go to appeal again but you never know. Thanks for your input I will keep you posted on MR outcome...
  • Research2021
    Options
    Just spoke to the dwp they have overturned their original decision in my favour to enhanced rate for both components at mandatory reconsideration stage. Over the moon and proves mistakes can be rectified before need to appeal:). 
  • janer1967
    Options
    That's great news and thanks for sharing 
  • Research2021
    Options
    Thank you for the advice and you're welcome I'm in happy shock still as MR usually upholds original decision i was advised. But hey all great news. Thanks again...
  • janer1967
    Options
    Your very welcome glad it all had happy ending 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know @Research2021 :) And congratulations! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Research2021
    Options
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you getting on @Research2021
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Research2021
    Options
    I am okay thank you for asking. Very relieved it is all over with the entitlement side of things :). Hope you're well...
  • Misscat
    Misscat Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello, was on enhanced rate Pip for both components severe mental health condition bipolar disorder depression and anxiety for 3 years. Went from 27 points to 1 on review when condition has got worse latest psychiatric sectioning in December 2020. Currently under Mandatory reconsideration with further evidence submitted. What advice can anyone give me so as to not loose hope and give up worrying so much? Thanks...
    Hello My husband is suffering from bipolar disorder with mania and he has 13 points. We have to renew PIP only in 2 years but I will start the procedure in 1.5. For all that time I have had medical assessments to prove his situation is getting worse. We haven assesements from Home treatment team after every appointment (every month) which can be used as evidences and also letter for PIP which says they conforming that current situation with my husband qualificated for highest rate of PIP and telling what exactly he can't do
    Shortly more evidences - better for you.Every word must have a proof such as document
    One more thing - first we've got 0 points of PIP, then after mandatory letter 11 points and after i said about court- WE'VE GOT 12 points which is enough to get highest rate
    Sorry for my broken English I am Russian ;)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.