PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi, my name is Research2021! Does anyone have advice on not losing hope with MR?

Research2021Research2021 Member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 16 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello, was on enhanced rate Pip for both components severe mental health condition bipolar disorder depression and anxiety for 3 years. Went from 27 points to 1 on review when condition has got worse latest psychiatric sectioning in December 2020. Currently under Mandatory reconsideration with further evidence submitted. What advice can anyone give me so as to not loose hope and give up worrying so much? Thanks...

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,419 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

If you have already submitted mr not a lot you can do other than wait for decision 

It will depend on how good you have tepresented your case in the mr but the success rate isnt fantastic but there are cases where decision is overturned 

If not you can then go to tribunal so it's not end of it till then and success rate at tribunal is a lot higher 

Good luck and let us know how you get on 

• Research2021Research2021 Member Posts: 4 Listener
    I have submitted support worker letter, social worker letter, detention letters , hospital and police reports about my mental health. Was told my decision will be made in the next week by case manager. Have a feeling it will go to appeal again but you never know. Thanks for your input I will keep you posted on MR outcome...
    Just spoke to the dwp they have overturned their original decision in my favour to enhanced rate for both components at mandatory reconsideration stage. Over the moon and proves mistakes can be rectified before need to appeal:). 
    That's great news and thanks for sharing 
    Thank you for the advice and you're welcome I'm in happy shock still as MR usually upholds original decision i was advised. But hey all great news. Thanks again...
    Your very welcome glad it all had happy ending 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,214 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for letting us know @Research2021 :) And congratulations! 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
Sign in or join us to comment.