Why is my MR decision taking so long? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why is my MR decision taking so long?

Options
lisalocket43
lisalocket43 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Why is my mandatory reconsideration taking so long, I scored 6pts dl and 4 mobility for skeletol issues spondylosis, but have suffered severe anxiety and depression for 14 years, which have become even more worse in the past year and recently diagnosed with thunderclap headaches I take a lot of medication which can make me feel quite ill and cause anxiety to worsen, but I manage to keep a part time job in a very small newsagents I do 2.5 hrs few times a week, and I was refused pip because they think because I work in customer service I don’t qualify for that side of pip, I do have a lot of support I’m not shelf stacking (like I said the newsagents is very very small) I basically stand in while the owner is getting supplies and stacking the minimal shelf’s, but my claim has been going on for some time, has anyone else waited so long for there m.r. Decision, a family member wrote a letter for me explaining the points I think I should have scored and feel it’s unfair to judge just because I try to work, they really don’t understand how very difficult it is for me, I’m taken to work and fetched back I’m in constant anxiety state but I’m trying to fight this, on top of being in severe pain.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

You dont mention how long it us since you sent your MR however it isnt possible to say how long it will be as each case is different 

It depends on workload if there is enough evidence to re look at the claim etc . There are huge backlogs and obviously DWP staff shortages and home working all not helping 
  • lisalocket43
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply, I’m new on here, well my mr was recieved on the 6th January I phoned 3 was ago and they said they was just putting it on the system I rand last week and they say it’s still with the decision maker, the reason I ask is iv been told by others there’s was back within a couple of weeks, my work load is just selling papers basically, Thankyou again ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try not to worry that really isnt a long time to wait especially in current times 

When I mentioned workload I was meaning the amount of work the decision maker has yo get through will depend on waiting time 
  • lisalocket43
    Options
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lisalocket43

Welcome to the community, hope you're well :) 

As mentioned above, please do your best not to worry, these waiting times can vary and the pandemic certainly isn't speeding things up :) 

Are you able to effectively manage your mental health?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Richard09
    Richard09 Scope Member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    Hi there can 
    Hi there Richard 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Richard09 said:
    Hi there can 
    Hello @Richard09

Is part of your comment missing there?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,144 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    &lisalocket43  Hi I put in an MR last year and it took 11 weeks. I’m sure I was told at the time it can take at least 10 weeks to hear back. Good luck with the outcome hopefully you don’t have to long to wait now. 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Was your mr successful @Lou67? If you don’t mind me asking.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,144 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leeCal No I don’t mind at all, I had been awarded standard Mobility and only 6 points for DL at MR my mobility got changed to enhanced. I was really grateful but went to appeal and was awarded standard DL which I’m extremely grateful for.
  • lisalocket43
    Options
    Thankyou Thankyou everyone means a lot that you have taken time to reply to me ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.