Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Why is my MR decision taking so long?
Why is my mandatory reconsideration taking so long, I scored 6pts dl and 4 mobility for skeletol issues spondylosis, but have suffered severe anxiety and depression for 14 years, which have become even more worse in the past year and recently diagnosed with thunderclap headaches I take a lot of medication which can make me feel quite ill and cause anxiety to worsen, but I manage to keep a part time job in a very small newsagents I do 2.5 hrs few times a week, and I was refused pip because they think because I work in customer service I don’t qualify for that side of pip, I do have a lot of support I’m not shelf stacking (like I said the newsagents is very very small) I basically stand in while the owner is getting supplies and stacking the minimal shelf’s, but my claim has been going on for some time, has anyone else waited so long for there m.r. Decision, a family member wrote a letter for me explaining the points I think I should have scored and feel it’s unfair to judge just because I try to work, they really don’t understand how very difficult it is for me, I’m taken to work and fetched back I’m in constant anxiety state but I’m trying to fight this, on top of being in severe pain.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.