I got a message today saying my report is ready and back to DWP. What does this mean? ā€” Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I got a message today saying my report is ready and back to DWP. What does this mean?

sarah1986
sarah1986 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I had my pip assessment done yesterday morning, I have received a message this evening telling me my report is ready and back to DWP. What does that mean.

Thankyou

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi thereĀ 

All it means I'd the assessor has done your report and sent it to DWPĀ 

You can request a copy of the report it isnt the decision but you can see what the assessor has recommended and thru usually go with the reportĀ 

Now it is back it will go to a decision maker and you will get decision letter this can take around 8 weeksĀ 
  • berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    @sarah1986 I had mine this morning the assessor was a female and was really nice calm.Ā  Do dwp send sms once they received assessment report.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @berry123 if you gave them your monole number they do usually inform youĀ 
  • berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    @janer1967 I have thank youĀ 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you the very best for the outcome @sarah1986

Let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • sarah1986
    It is my 1st assessment for anything and I've been poorly over 12 years I've terminal cancer and Parkinson's disease. My assessor was a woman and was really lovely lasted 40mins. I cried all the way through thou not my finest of moments. I did not know they sent a txt updating anyone because I've not gone through this process beforeĀ 

Thankyou everyone xx
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope that's put your mind at ease a bit @sarah1986. Fingers crossed you'll get the right outcome.Ā 

Don't worry about crying, I'm certain you aren't the first to do that!Ā 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • sarah1986
    I know but I felt daft getting upset. I just don't really open up about my illnesses at all. I hope I get a good out come. I requested my report this morning xx
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @sarah1986 i'm sorry to hear you have a terminal illness did you claim on that basis? read the link for info:

https://www.gov.uk/pip/claiming-pip-if-youre-terminally-ill
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming šŸ’”

• sarah1986
    They knew I was terminally ill. Cus my first claim 3 years ago was done in 2 weeks this time it has took them 5 months to even look at claim which was a renewal. I ended up getting my local MP involved cus it's wrong how I have been treated. Had the assessment on Monday cried all way through. How stupid is that. I was told my report was ready yesterday which was fast 24hrs after the assessment

ThanksĀ 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    The phrase 'terminally ill' has a specific meaning for benefits purposes. It does not mean an incurable illness from which you will eventually die. It does mean having an illness from which it is thought you may die in the near future (within six months).
    It can therefore happen that people can claim under 'Special Rules' because their prognosis is poor but they then respond better than expected to the treatment they receive such that when they come to reclaim (after 3 years) they are no longer treated as terminally ill even though their diagnosed health condition remains the same.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sarah1986
    I've had cancer 12 years I've been terminal three years now my life expectancy is 5 years I won't get better I'm not on treatment I'm on pain meds now that's how bad it is and on top of that I have Parkinson's disease which is not cure for and it gets worse over time alsoĀ 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @sarah1986 that's why you didn't qualify under special rules this time, PIP isn't about what's wrong with you but what care and/or mobility issues you have.
    My dad had Parkinson's and as you say there is no cure, but he was put on medication which helped a lot, perhaps a word with your GP?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming šŸ’”

• sarah1986
    I've had the assessment now though and they was told I'm in bed 97% of the time I can't walk anymore than a couple of steps wiv out my legs giving up. Yes but my consultant signed a ds whatever form to say I was terminal which qualify me to b under special rules they have dragged their feet my local MP involved and also the benefits minster is involved. Pip ave had notes from my 2 consultants go social worker ot and my carersĀ 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    sarah1986 said:
    I've had cancer 12 years I've been terminal three years now my life expectancy is 5 years I won't get better I'm not on treatment I'm on pain meds now that's how bad it is and on top of that I have Parkinson's disease which is not cure for and it gets worse over time alsoĀ 
    The point I was making was that although you have an incurable illness you are not classed as terminally ill for benefits purposes if your life expectancy is 5 years. If your medical team have provided a DS1500 it is unusual for DWP to query this but it does occasionally happen.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scopeā€™s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.