Is there a way of contacting NHS England about the vaccination list? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there a way of contacting NHS England about the vaccination list?

SteveE
SteveE Community member Posts: 88 Pioneering
We've asked our GP surgery if our son is included in the latest vaccination list (ie adults under 65 who have underlying health conditions) and they've said this List is compiled by NHS England (using data from the surgery). The surgery would not discuss further.  So, does anyone know of a way of contacting NHS England about this List as we'd like to be certain he is on the list and not "slipped through" the net. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Your son would be included in the group if he suffers from a health condition specified on the list on the government website. Unfortunately not all health conditions fall into this group. Have you checked it out? 
  • SteveE
    Hi Mark - thanks for the reply. Our first step was to check and monitor the health conditions crtiteria - it has been around for some time now - and he is most clearly in the group 6. And now group 6 people are being contacted for vaccination. Our concern is that the NHS list of people in group 6 is based on data from GP surgeries. And our surgery was so poor it was taken over, GPs dismissed and a new start was only recently made. So we're trying to find out if he is on that list and wonder if someone has already been along that road and can advise who and how to contact. Thanks again.
  • MarkM88
    In respect of NHS England, I'm not 100% what they cover, but they have a contact us page and you could try some of the methods listed on there, it does advise their customer contact centre s busy at the moment though. 

Link - https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/

If your son has a medical condition that is associated with group 6, and you have confirmed this, then he should have no issue receiving his vaccine when it is his turn, regardless of what you think of your GP surgery, it will be detailed in his records, these records don't just come from the GP though, it could be from hospital records and other NHS records held. 

Your best bet is to try and use the contact page I linked to and speak with them. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

How old is your son ? Is is anything to do with his age 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    The only people they are asking to make contact with their GP are those over 70 who haven't had the vax yet, I have 2 conditions and I'm over 60, my thought is that I will be called when I'm called and meanwhile I will do everything we are advised to do to protect ourselves.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• SteveE
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

How old is your son ? Is is anything to do with his age 

Hi - he is 50.

• woodbine
    The most recent plan seems to be that EVERYBODY over the age of 50 will get the vax by the end of March.
    The achievment of vaccinating so many people so far has been outstanding.

• janer1967
    I'm sure he wont be missed different areas are all at different stages in the plan 

They will also do catch ups like they are doing my saying anyone in a certain group if they haven't been called then to book an appt online 

• newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    I have had the letter, and reminder, last month.  But years ago, when I last saw the g.p. I was disabled but not housebound, as I now am.  Therefore, the surgery says "we have done all our home visit vaccinations, and you were not on the list, proving you are not housebound"  Also "nobody is allowed to speak to the g.p or send an email about Covid" 

I wonder about the new group of people being ordered to shield at home.  At home as in housebound?   Or is that at home as in housebound except if we order you to go out and get the vaccine?   

I was hoping that this new group would allow a chink in the impregnable system of "you are only housebound if your g.p. knows you are, but you are not permitted to tell the g.p. because the reason you want to speak to the g.p. is covid related, which is a banned and forbidden topic, and no patient must be allowed any communication on that  "
  • MarkM88
    Been on the shielding list does not stop you going out for a vaccine anyway. 
  • SteveE
    woodbine said:
    The most recent plan seems to be that EVERYBODY over the age of 50 will get the vax by the end of March.
    The achievment of vaccinating so many people so far has been outstanding.

Hi - I'm afraid there is no official date for starting the vaccination of 50+ people. I quite agree the work done so far  by so many has been outstanding. A applaud those who are content to wait. We are prepared to wait too. Despite the increasing stress on his mental and physical state.  And so we only want to ensure our son does not fall through the net which will prolong his despair - we like to think we are good parents who will do anything to ensure our son is happy and healthy. Help comes in little ways, such as getting reassurance from the authorities that our son is on the current vaccination list is a real help. But such help seems impossible. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply. We'll go back into our shell and not bother you guys anymore. Thanks.
  • woodbine
    @SteveE I don't think in fairness that anyone suggested that you are bothering anyone, your concern is understandable, but there is nothing to suggest that your son will slip through the net. Yes there is no official starting date for the over 50's but there is a target date of the end of March for completion, and so far they seem to have hit all there targets.
    But my advice remains that until we have the jab we should all do our level best not to expose ourselves and to follow the current guidelines which remain in place for all even those who have so far had the jab.

• janer1967
    @SteveE you are not bothering anyone we just dont have the answer to your question and trying to eliminate your fears . 

Rather than calling your gp can you email the practice manager about your concerns 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.