Opportunity for autistic and dyslexic people to contribute to an e-journal article on how covid has — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Opportunity for autistic and dyslexic people to contribute to an e-journal article on how covid has

melaniethorley
melaniethorley Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering

Good afternoon everybody, and I hope you are staying as warm, and as well as you can be during these difficult times. Hopefully with the success of the vaccines, there is much light at the end of the tunnel. 

As some of your are aware, in addition to my work at the University of Greenwich, I am also a Trustee and Director of AchieveAbility- a charity which supports neurodivergent (autism and dyslexia spectra) adults in education, training and employment. We are calling for submissions to our second e-journal to be published in October 2021.

I have been asked to provide an article but as I am neither autistic nor dyslexic, I am not the best person to write about the experiences of ND people. However, I have a plan which I discussed with my fellow trustees and directors. I am requesting any post-16 person, on either or both spectrums to provide me with just six individual words - 3 positive and 3 negative - about how covid has affected them. This is to generate two words clouds as our e-journal likes to have visual information as well as traditional written articles. If you would like to participate, that would be fantastic. I am not going to separate the two spectrums as many ND folk fit into both cohorts. Neither am I going to separate staff and students as I know many students (including my own lovely STAART Ambassadors) who fit into both cohorts. All contributions will be anonymous and confidential. Deadline for contributions 15th March 2021.

If you would like to participate - please email me your six words and put 'six words' in the subject box to ensure it does not get swamped in my email inbox. If you are comfortable doing so, you can share on this post if you prefer. I will share the word clouds on our social platforms in addition to the e-journal. We are hoping the launch in October will be a real, live event rather than remote and  hopefully I will see some of you there.

Feel free to share with friends/colleagues/family. etc. 

Many thanks for your time in advance

Details about AchieveAbility and the first journal can be found here: AchieveAbility

As always, stay toasty

Melanie ?

M.Thorley@gre.ac.uk

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    This opportunity has been checked and is safe for our members.  Good luck with your article @melaniethorley

Events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.