on income support but son wonts to put money into my bank — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

on income support but son wonts to put money into my bank

jjdd70
jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
hi sorry if its in wrong place im on income support but my son wonts to put money into my bank so i can pay a finance company off but it will be in mybank for lesss than 24 hours and bank transferred to the finance company will that effect my benefits becuase i dont have savings but will that cash amount he puts in be classed has savings even though it goes out same day

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

It all depends how much it is and if it takes you over the threshold 

Could your son not pay the debt direct to company to save it going into your account ? 
  • jjdd70
    jjdd70 Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    hes borrowing me the money to pay my car finace

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Could he not just pay them direct 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    As janer suggests, it it will take your capital over £6000 it will avoid any confusion if your son can pay the company concerned directly withoutthe money passing through your account.

If you will never have more than £6000 in the bank then it doesn’t affect your IS anyway.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.