PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Is it worth appealing if you got the same amount and length of PIP after review?

Carlbenn_88Carlbenn_88 Member Posts: 40 Listener
edited February 22 in PIP, DLA and AA
Can anyone help. So someone I no got there PIP AWARD REVIEW decision back and has got the same amount and same length as well despite hoping to get slightly more. Is it worth them appealing? Me personally I don't think I would just incase you loose it all but that's my opinion again.

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Nobody can really advise not knowing the persons circumstances 

They should get advice from a professional like welfare rights 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,941 Disability Gamechanger
    The risk of losing an existing award is small. Between 2 and 4%. The idea this is a common outcome is a myth put around on the internet which is easy to disprove on multiple levels. 

The specific risk in any given case is impossible to assess on a forum. It requires professional advice. The most common outcome of an MR is an unchanged award and it should not automatically act as a discouragement. 
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,730 Disability Gamechanger
    @Carlbenn_88 what did they get? and what were they hoping to get? Why did they expect to get something better?
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
Sign in or join us to comment.