PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long is my award?

bexyboo33bexyboo33 Member Posts: 22 Listener
edited February 23 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hey guys 
so I asked for a copy of my pip assessment report 
I’ve scored 14 points daily living and 12 points mobility. I know I’m still on enhanced for both
my question is how long is this pip now? I’m thinking at the least 2 years

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,135 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Sorry but I have asked admin to look at this post as the screenshot has personal details included eg assessors full name and we dont allow personal info on this forum so admin will remove anything not allowed 

As this is only the report the DM will decide based on this what award to give and length of award the report only shows assessors recommendations 

They do usually go with the report but you will need to wait till you get decision letter 
  • bexyboo33bexyboo33 Member Posts: 22 Listener
    Thanks for that I’ve amended it :-) 
    yes I’ve read that it’s 12 months plus 12 months for review end date 
    Can anyone advise 
    has anyone else has this? 
    As I said before it is only the assessors recommendation you need to wait for the decision as the DM will look at all the evidence provided 

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,574 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not seeing anything there which recommends any length of award. All those screen shots show is that you pass the backwards and forwards test i.e. you've had issues for at least 3 months before your date of claim and are likely to for at least 9 months after. If the answer to either was no then you have no entitlement. If the answer, as here, is yes, then they go on to make a recommendation for review but I can't see that in your photos. 
    It says At the top based on the claimants likely future circumstances it would appropriate to review in “1 year” 
    edited February 23
    And further down it states “is claimants restriction likely to still be In place at point of review” that boxed is ticked yes 
    They are looking at my previous claims too. 
    As well as all evidence 
    I’ve just never had a 1 year award before always been 3 years 
    No matter what it says it is the DM that will decide 
    Yes but the always go with the HP recommendations don’t they 
    No, they do not necessarily always go with the HCP recommendation and there is nothing to prevent you writing to DWP now to explain why 1 year would be inappropriate. DWP would then have to take that into account as part of their decision making. Stating that you've previously had 3 years is not a winning argument. Far better to point out the total number of years you've had awards and ask the DWP to identify the medical or other evidence which suggests a 1 year award would be appropriate having already been on said benefit for x years. What is the evidence that suggests something has changed? Put them on the spot on the point and they will cave soon enough. 
    They making excuses before mental health services are involved are looking at my medications. They feel I will all of a sudden just improve once medication is stable. I have bipolar! And also I have appointment with pain management also. 
    Am I best calling them or writing in? 

Thanks for helping me Mike any guidance would be appreciated 
    Does this letter look ok? 

If there are variables in play such as meds varying then a short award may be appropriate unless you can argue that your needs as described would still exist even with a change of meds. For that you will likely need a statement to that effect from the person addressing your meds.
    I’ve sent the letter will see how that pans out. 
    I’m not losing by writing a letter so fingers crossed 
Sign in or join us to comment.