Lockdown freedom — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lockdown freedom

Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
I know most people will be buzzing thát pubs will soon be opening 
Bűt imagine kids facés for there real out doór adventure For the first time in nearly a year! The excitment for the zoo őr there laughing little facés whizzing down the slide at the park őr joys of tears building a sandcastle and making memories i cant wait tóo táke my children for family days out as this is really about them being without school and friends and family members for best part of a year it has got tó be hard for children aswell throughout this pandemic göd bless each and everyone of them ???

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Totally agree days out are better than any visit to the pub unless of course it is part of the day out 

I will be looking forward to day at the coast with my boy 
  • Ibelive2020
    @janer1967 i totally agree with you i love family days out xx
  • cartha
    cartha Community member Posts: 1,390 Pioneering
    Tomorrow I will be seeing my daughter in person for the first time in nearly a year.
  • Ibelive2020
    @cartha fab news hope you both have a lovely time and cherish memories xxx
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @cartha I won't see my children yet the travel ban is still five miles nightmare ? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ibelive2020 no pubs or hospitality  open in wales  could be June before it happens here  xx
  • cartha
    Thank you both :-)
  • cartha
    @cartha I won't see my children yet the travel ban is still five miles nightmare ? 
    I don't think we have a travel ban here in Pembrokeshire. Maybe if we leave the county? Traffic seems normal for this time of year. During the first lockdown it just went dead on the roads. It was weird but I loved it. I could hear birds and sheep instead of vehicles. Background noises reduced drastically for ages.

It's an hour's drive drive to see my daughter. We only live five minutes from each other but we have to meet at a contact centre which is an hour's drive away. Weird system. Before lockdown we were meeting outside in the open air. Now they want us to meet in a closed room where who knows how many children and families have been breathing, touching, sneezing, coughing, etc., plus my daughter has to go there in a taxi. I know we're in a low risk area but the village where my daughter is has had a few positive cases the past few weeks. 

So I'm very much looking forward to seeing my daughter again but also very worried about possibly being exposed to this nasty virus just a short time before I'm due a vaccination.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.