I just want someone to help me and explain to me what I should do because UC confuse me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I just want someone to help me and explain to me what I should do because UC confuse me

Options
moham
moham Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hello everyone, I hope you are fine and stay safe. Last tow week I had this message in my journal because I have health condition and I need someone explain more what is next and what group they put me. And they tell me I have no money in arrears, knowing that my sick note was in May 2020. I’m trying to call Uc they didn’t give me a clear answer and I’m asking about the payment backdate.

This message is below

We have decided that you have limited capability for work and work-related activity. This means we will not ask you to search for work or prepare for work. You may get extra money because of your disability or health condition. Changes to your payments will show up on your statement when they happen. If we owe you money because of this decision, we will send you a journal message within 7 working days. It will tell you when you will get that money. If you already owe us money, we may recover this debt from the money we owe you. Other support you can get Although we will not ask you to search for work or prepare for work, we can still offer you support if you would like it. You can contact us through your journal or call us using the number at the top of this letter. Tell us about any changes You must tell us straight away if there is a change in your circumstances.

thank you 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    moham said: And they tell me I have no money in arrears, knowing that my sick note was in May 2020. 
    Have they told you that in a separate message or on the phone? Have you provided continuous Fit Notes since May?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good morning @moham and welcome to the community. We'd be happy to help explain this for you.

I have a couple of questions I need to ask to help determine whether arrears should be due.
    • Are you on a joint or single claim? If you're on a joint claim does your partner claim LCWRA?
    • Have you been handing in fit notes the entire time since May 2020?
    • Do you know what date your first fit note was (it should be visible on your journal if you scroll back)?
    • What are your assessment periods or pay dates from UC?
    will be paying you an extra £341.92 per 4 weeks. 
    Just to clarify and avoid confusion, if you're eligible the £341.92 will be paid monthly, not 4-weekly.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • moham
    Options
    Good morning @moham and welcome to the community. We'd be happy to help explain this for you.

I have a couple of questions I need to ask to help determine whether arrears should be due.
    • Are you on a joint or single claim? If you're on a joint claim does your partner claim LCWRA?
    • Have you been handing in fit notes the entire time since May 2020?
    • Do you know what date your first fit note was (it should be visible on your journal if you scroll back)?
    • What are your assessment periods or pay dates from UC?
    will be paying you an extra £341.92 per 4 weeks. 
    Just to clarify and avoid confusion, if you're eligible the £341.92 will be paid monthly, not 4-weekly.

Good afternoon Adrian thanks for your reply. I explain more now I make a single claim and have a sick note from April. I missed the day I said of May. There are only two months. I did not provide sick note reviews. Yes, I know the date of the first sick note only May and June. I don't have sick notes. I mean now I have satisfying notes from April to February 2021. May and Joun i dont have sick note 2020.

Payment dates of each month on the 17th.

Thank you 

• moham
    Options
    calcotti said:
    moham said: And they tell me I have no money in arrears, knowing that my sick note was in May 2020. 
    Have they told you that in a separate message or on the phone? Have you provided continuous Fit Notes since May?

They told me by phone and I did’t Provide the sick note continuously there are only two months i didn’t provide sick note so i have from April July August September October November December January February I don’t have May June 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @moham, okay so unfortunately not sending fit notes for those two months will have meant a break in your entitlement so any backdating will be from July as you didn't have them for May and June.

Do you know when you sent your fit note in July? If you look back on your journal you should be able to see that actual date. 

It sounds as though your assessment periods are 11th - 10th each month with payment on the 17th. 

I'm going to assume July doesn't count (but it depends when you handed the fit note in, I'm just looking at worst-case scenario).

If July doesn't count, the backdating would look like this:

11th July - 10th August: Doesn't count
    11th August - 10th September: Month 1
    11th September - 10th October: Month 2
    11th October - 10th November: Month 3
    11th November - 10th December: First payment on 17th December

So you should be owed LCWRA for 17th December, 17th January 17th February. And it should be included in your statement every month going forward too.

If July does count, it will be 4 lots of LCWRA you are owed.

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.