Hi, my name is aydin! I'm waiting for a tribunal hearing for my son. Can anyone help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is aydin! I'm waiting for a tribunal hearing for my son. Can anyone help?

aydin Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am the mother of Gani who has been an OCD sufferer since he was 16, he is now 39. Over the years when I was in work and because there was no support or care through the NHS for mental illness, I paid for consultations and therapists for him all privately. I am now retired and not in a position to help financially. He was on DLA, he was sent a form to be assessed to switch to PIP, he attended the session himself, reported that the assessor was very sympathetic to him and thanked him for providing a true insight into the sufferings with OCD, then proceeded to give him no points on anything. I asked for the mandatory review and are now waiting for the tribunal hearing. It will be a remote hearing. I have no experience in these matters and he, as a sufferer is not in a position to fight this out. Can someone please help.


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,440 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

    You can ask to be his appointee so you can speak for him but they only allow this is he is not capable himself 

    The tribunal is nothing to fear they will put him at ease and prompt response and you could be present yo prompt him as well 

    Other option would be to try get a welfare rights officer to represent him but thus is not always easy to find contact your welfare rights office 

    I hope you get some help for him 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.