HELP REQUIRED PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


Carlbenn_88 Member Posts: 40 Listener
So my cousin has got his award review and they have offered him the same amount despite be should of got more points we have the evidence , if he was to ask for a MR and they still don't change it can you just say leave it as the same award? Or would you need to go to tribunal ? 


  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,790 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no requirement to follow through to tribunal if the MR result remains the same as the original result.

    However you can't ask them to leave it as it was.  I know it's not quite what you were asking but if he lost points at MR and the award was reduced, it's not possible to just return to the original one.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,385 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

    As above if you do mr they will look at the award and make a decision and that is what the award will then be 

    But you can then just leave it at that and not proceed to tribunal 

    However success rates at tribunal are a lot higher than at mr 
  • Carlbenn_88
    Carlbenn_88 Member Posts: 40 Listener
    @janer1967 so if we believe we should have got points on mobility at low rate what should we do? as he should of got some points on mobility. they have been awarded it but would they loose it all if they ask them to look at it again?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,385 Disability Gamechanger
    I didnt say he would lose it but that they look at it all again 

    A new dm will look at everything including your mr submission and decide what the outcome will be 

    Majority of mr there is no change to the decision made but you cant do tribunal without mr first 

    You may benefit from contacting welfare rights 

    Why do you think he should get more for mobility dud he get any points at all 

  • woodbine
    woodbine Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,725 Disability Gamechanger


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.