Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

claim esa

Hello, I am having to leave work as I can not work the hours my employer requires due to ill health.  Have to work my notice can I claim esa now or wait until I have worked my notice. - clear


  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 930 Pioneering
    edited February 25
    If you have ill health and obtain a Fit Note from your HP your employer should be paying you SSP. while receiving SSP you may be able to claim UC depending on your circumstances.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.