doctors are not helping me at all has anyone ever had the same problem — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

doctors are not helping me at all has anyone ever had the same problem

0898 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
my doctors don't listen to me and they always say that they will refer me to another person they've stopped my antidepressants diazepam and mirtazapine the day I was discharged from hospital with psychosis and exhaustion to stop me from an overdose but upped my 30mg/500mg co codamol 200 tablets a month !!!
ive not been able to get an appointment with the doctor said or nurse and after a bad fall they wouldn't even send a nurse  out to dress my wounds i sent photos to the manager and was told to make an appointment 
another incident was when I rang them asking for help with my mental health and he told me to ring my GP  

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

You should lodge a complaint following the practice process if you are not satisfied with the service and feel they are being negligent 

Or could you change up another gp surgery 
    I'm trying to get a move to a different area, thanks for your reply 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    Hello @0898 and I'm sorry you've received poor care from your GP surgery.  It's definitely worth pursuing a complaint if your concerns didn't appear listened to by the practice manager and you can usually find each GP's complaints process on their individual websites.  Good luck with moving to a new practice.

I've moved this post over to our Mental Health issues category so it's in a place where others with similar experiences can find it, and wondered how your mental health was at this time?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    edited March 2021
    thanks Cher-Scope truthfully i dont want to be here but im trying keep going and I have been in so many bbad situations since I was 5 lived on the streets managed get a canvassing job and  owned my own pub at 2o couldn't have children had 8 pregnancies so im gonna be able to help as many people as they happened to me and I survived until my spine turned to pure bone down to c7 and im disabled so im applying for free phone calls from people who needs have a rant
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there @0898 hope you are well this evening . I my self suffer with pychosis as well as other mental illnesses . I personally have always been assessed in a hospital and then put under a home based treatment team they have never kept me in on a section I’m on anti psychotic meds anti depressants and diazepam and I know that my team I’m under would never advice Going from loads of meds to none but I have heard of hospitals doing this and then not providing discharged patients with any community support . I think it really is down to the area your in regarding mental health . I know that in my local area if your ever in hospital whether your assessed or kept in your discharged to the home based treatment team that then decide if you need on going help like I have a mental health nurse I relapsed recently and was put back under the crisis team now back under my nurse .

i know that my gp is not good because I’m under a mental health team he tends not to be very helpful . 
    Regarding your fall that’s some thing they should really act on you should put in a complaint and I think if you are still struggling with your mental health please contact the hospital regarding some after care and regarding meds .

i know what it’s like suffering with psychosis it’s not fun and it’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel it really is but I keep trying to tell my self I will get there and you will too , 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    0898 said:
    thanks Cher-Scope truthfully i dont want to be here but im trying keep going and I have been in so many bbad situations since I was 5 lived on the streets managed get a canvassing job and  owned my own pub at 2o couldn't have children had 8 pregnancies so im gonna be able to help as many people as they happened to me and I survived until my spine turned to pure bone down to c7 and im disabled so im applying for free phone calls from people who needs have a rant
    Hi @0898 and thank you for sharing this with us.  I know it can't have been easy.

Are your thoughts around not wanting to be here something you are getting support with, be it from your GP (I know you haven't had the best interactions with them :( ) or a mental health team?  Also, do you have any help from a social worker?  It's good to know that you are trying to keep going and this MIND webpage about suicidal feelings has some brill resources and links that might be therapeutic if things feel particularly rough.  

Should you need to talk to someone about any difficult thoughts you're having, you can always contact:
    • The Samaritans on 116123 or by emailing jo@samaritans.org.uk
    • SHOUT by texting 'SHOUT' to 85258 to speak to a trained crisis volunteer
    It's good that your neighbour is looking out for you and called you that ambulance when you were upset, and make sure to call for an ambulance again if ever you feel that your wellbeing is in danger.  

How are you doing today? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Cher-Scope am having counselling once a week on zoom 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    0898 said:
    Cher-Scope am having counselling once a week on zoom 
    That's good, I hope it is going well for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
    Thanks for all your comments it's great to feel your not alone in this world 
    Have moved now but the doctors joined a big group and they are still the only ones who are prescribing me so I've wrote to the all the councilors and they have contacted the surgery and now they text me at least once a month for asthma/smear test etc so that really helped me 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great to hear @0898 I'm so happy you got the support from the councilors. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.