Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
A poem for CP Awareness month
We have had to learn to become fighters.
We can not let our conditions define us.
We have special gifts of inner strength to prove our doubts wrong
For too long, people thought we were weak and that our futures were bleak
I feel we are unique in our own way.
We are able to link our arms together to fight for change
We have hidden talents within us, we need to take the time honing our talents
We can succeed in what we want to do.
We stride, knock down the barriers that have been placed before us.
We are thankful to our parents for giving us life
We can use our talents to hopefully change people's perspectives. People with Cerebral Palsy are very creative people. We fill our lives with happiness by achieving the goals we set ourselves each day.
Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead
Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- All Categories
- 13.2K Start here and say hello!
- 6.8K Coffee lounge
- 86 Games lounge
- 473 Cost of living
- 4.5K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.9K Research and opportunities
- 226 Community updates
- 9.5K Talk about your situation
- 2.1K Children, parents, and families
- 1.6K Work and employment
- 797 Education
- 1.7K Housing and independent living
- 1.4K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 644 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 372 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 819 Transport and travel
- 31.5K Talk about money
- 4.5K Benefits and financial support
- 5.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 16.9K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 4.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 6.4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.8K Cerebral palsy
- 876 Chronic pain and pain management
- 178 Physical and neurological impairments
- 1.1K Autism and neurodiversity
- 1.3K Mental health and wellbeing
- 326 Sensory impairments
- 825 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions