I am being reffred to a Neurological Consultant — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am being reffred to a Neurological Consultant

Sparklebright63
Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
Hi to all,

I am being reffered to a neurological consultant as as I now have weakness in both hands no grip and feel very weak and also weakness in my leg too still and balance problems also and when I went to fill the hot water bottle for my back and joints I overfilled it which ended up with me having a scalded hand so I had to put under the tap quickly more than once.

Sparklebright63. :/

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sparklebright63, with few hospitals having face to face appointments you may have to wait for this or the consultation may be done over the phone and if required an MRI appointment made for you if the consultant thinks it’s necessary to get a better understanding of your condition. No wishing to guess anything so wait and see what transpires and be careful.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    @Sparklebright63 I'm sorry you are experiencing those symptoms and a referral to neurology sounds like a wise option.  Make sure to be careful with your kettle and hot water bottle as I don't want you getting scalded again.  Good luck and let us know how you get on   <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @Sparklebright63 please keep us updated :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    edited April 2021
    Best of luck @Sparklebright62 I am in the same position. I saw the neuro face to face in december as she wanted to look at my motor skills then had a brain and spine mri in January which showed up brain lesions and then had a consultation with the neuro over the phone in March to talk through more testing. I had evoked potential tests two weeks ago and am having a lumbar puncture next Monday. You are in the right hands to try and pin down why you are getting these symptoms. 
    Pix ?
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Sparklebright63
    Hi to all,

Hi Pixie hope all goes well for 
    You

I have not had my neurological assessment yet pikie but I am being put forward for issues with and because I have pstd trauma symptoms they are phoning me Thursday to let me know what's going to happen next.

All the best.
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Its good they are giving good communication. I also have ptsd and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 7 years ago although felt it was a bit of a get rid of me tactic. Let us know how you get on, on Thursday. I found it really helpful to write a timescale of symptoms and a whole list of symptoms which the neuro said was really helpful! I would never have remembered! ? 
    Pix x
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck for Thursday @Sparklebright63 :) Let us know how it goes. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,988 Disability Gamechanger
    it's good to hear from you again @Sparklebright63 - I hope you find out more on Thursday. :)
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Hi @Sparklebright63.  I went to see a neurologist a few years ago and had a brain scan.  At the time, I didn’t think they helped.  But now I realise that they were telling me a Post Impairment Syndrome.  It all makes sense now.  And can I suggest that you buy a microwaveable hot water bottle.  I got mine from a well known auction site.  It will save your hands.
  • Sparklebright63
    Welshjayne2021,

Thankyou for your info I have not heard of the above condition.

All the best.
    Sparklebright62.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.