My day — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My day

Lisatho11987777
Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
I wanted to share my day today as I know many are in the same boat.

Today was my payday and I sat looking at my bills with my head in my hands  and my thoughts were I can't do this any more I am sinking fast and I am going under.

I lost my job last year as a carer due to corona virus .
I used to work 12hr shifts 6 days a week and I was on good money. 

When I lost my job I had to live on universal credit and my pip .  Even though I get help with rent and things like that I am 600.00 down a month. 

The thing people don't always realise that even though you have taken a drop in money the bills that you have to pay stay the same or go up .

Today I cried and I asked for help when it comes to helping other people I am strong and I get them the help they need .

Today I got the help I needed someone sat down with me and phoned all the people I owe money to and the company's I pay my bills to and today my life looks brighter  this month I have been able to sort all my bills because I got the help I needed to get it all sorted .

So please if your struggling let someone know that you need help there is light at the end of the tunnel .

Some of my bills are lower now some have been spread over 12 months and two debts were written off by the company's  I never thought so many companies and people would be willing to listen and help .

The person who helped me today is a life saver and told me that I always put others before myself and that will never change but I will seek help if I need to.

Take care everyone there are people out there who want to help when we need it we just have to ask 

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @lisathomas50, I am so pleased to hear that someone helped you today and lightened the weight on your shoulders! Not everyone is interested in helping others so it's wonderful to hear that there are people who do care and also have the practical skills to make a real difference to other people's lives.

I hope that things continue to improve for you. All the best. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Oxonlady thank you for your kind words it means alot .

I have always helped other people but today I was the one who needed help  and it has changed my life as it is now .

Also thanks to Tom my job support worker with scope  he goes that extra mile to help me get a job .

I hope that other people In the same situation  get the help I got today 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @lisathomas50 well done for seeking help, at least you can relax a bit now knowing it's all been sorted. It's good to take charge 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 I am so glad  that I got it sorted. 

I had some bad news today I was in shock when I was younger even thoughi was straight I went on the hsy scene and I made alot of friends  

My best friends were Kevin and Martin I lost touch when I left the gay scene and we were searching  for each other and we found each other in 2019 

I went on face book and found out that Martin died in the early hours of this morning 

I tried to phone Kevin and the phone was dead  so I got hold of another friend who told me Kevin died two weeks ago I just thought he was busy  I am in shock I can't belive it 
  • Sandy_123
    Gosh @lisathomas50 sorry to hear that must of been awful news, it's never easy being told these things
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Sandy_123 it was a shock  

How has your day been 
  • Sandy_123
    @lisathomas50 ok busy, I'm tired now so off to bed  night night 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lisathomas50

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of those people, such awful news, I hope you are managing okay.

If you feel as though you need further financial advice, Step Change is always a good option to have, as is the Money Advice Service.  Scope's new energy support service will also be there to provide expert advice on energy bills, if you felt this was something you needed help with.

You certainly seem to have a lot going on at the moment, but I'm glad you seem to be feeling more positive about things in general after speaking with someone. Make sure you use resources such as Mind if you ever feel as though these things are having an impact on your mental health.

Take care
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Ross_Scope I am ok I have always been one for helping everyone else and forget about myself but I am all sorted and ok now it was a shock about my friends I just feel weird and a bit empty they were part of my past and my present day as they both found me on Facebook in 2019 

Martin always told me he was ok  and Kevin was out of the blue  we were supposed  to have met up after lockdown  they were gone once and we found each other and now they are gone for good  both only in their 50s a few of our group of friends passed away 

Most of our friends died from aids related illness 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.