Refused LCW and LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused LCW and LCWRA

Options
raeresa
raeresa Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi

I really don't know what to do now. I received my decision from a UC decision maker today saying I was not suitable for either LCW or LCWRA and could work. The issue I have with that is how they expect me to actually work.

I have foot issues including a degenerative bone in my big toe which makes it so painful to walk too far. I have a blue badge for my father's car (I cannot drive) and I cannot use public transport. I am also currently shielding as I am in the vulnerable group placed by the Department of Health and Social Care. I struggle to move around without a walking aide and I have a physiotherapist report that says I walk slow and in a lot of pain after a number of metres as I also suffer from a walking gait that adds pressure and pain.

Luckily, I am in sheltered housing with parents so I do not need to climb stairs or walk too far at any time. I feel so stressed and depressed now as it feels like they are expecting me to do something that I physically will not be able to achieve :( 

I have contacted the citizens advice bureau and asked the decision maker for a full written report on their decision as well as the full assessment report. This is now causing me huge concern as I suffer with some anxiety if I am going somewhere new as I cannot climb stairs or stand for too long so I worry if there are lifts or chairs etc.

I feel like crying right now as I just do not understand their decision.  Has anyone else been through this? What did you do and what happened?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

The same happened to me I had my leg amputated and was wheelchair and housebound but was found fit for work 

I appealed the decision put in mr which gave same decision . I then went to tribunal and was awarded LCWRA 

Keep up the fight dont give up is my advice 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @raeresa afternoon and welcome to scope, I would contact welfare rights I often find them more useful than CAB, a call to the council should get you details of how to contact them.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• raeresa
    raeresa Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

The same happened to me I had my leg amputated and was wheelchair and housebound but was found fit for work 

I appealed the decision put in mr which gave same decision . I then went to tribunal and was awarded LCWRA 

Keep up the fight dont give up is my advice 
    Thank you so much for your reply.

That is a disgrace, fancy putting you through something like that. What a heartless system this really is :( I am so glad you won your case.

I won't give up, thank you.

woodbine said:
    @raeresa afternoon and welcome to scope, I would contact welfare rights I often find them more useful than CAB, a call to the council should get you details of how to contact them.
    Thank you, I have found contact information for them and wrote an email.
    Many thanks for your advice.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.