PIP

Susanfelix
Susanfelix Community member Posts: 17 Contributor
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Has anyone else had trouble getting PIP? I have been trying for years!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi there 

Lots of people claim PIP successfully and lots get turned down 

There are lots of posts here but you dont often get positive stories in a  forum as they dont have any questions 

Lots if advice in our PIP section  
  • Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Empowering
    Hi since of August 2020,ive been unable to work due to hip osteoarthritis in both hips, I claimed for pip in November of the same year, I had my assessment in January 2021,3 weeks later I received my decision in which I got zero points on everything, the assessor had lied, with my condition I have pain from my lower back all the way down to my knees, I use crutches to get around, I've had to change my extra reception room into my bedroom as can't manage the stairs, I don't drive because of it, but apparently I drive an automatic car, my daughter does the cooking, as can't stand long enough, she helps with alot of things, which I told the assessor all of this, but still got zero, I've appealed the decision hopefully I get a better outcome, but this had made me really low, 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    Welcome to the community @Susanfelix :) 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category. Did you have a specific question about PIP? What particular problems have you faced in getting awarded PIP? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    I'm sorry to hear that your unsuccessful application has made you feel really low @popdiva43. What stage are you at in your appeal? Have you sought out any professional advice?