PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Susanfelix
Susanfelix Community member Posts: 17 Courageous
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Has anyone else had trouble getting PIP? I have been trying for years!

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Lots of people claim PIP successfully and lots get turned down 

There are lots of posts here but you dont often get positive stories in a  forum as they dont have any questions 

Lots if advice in our PIP section  
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    as of April 2020 2.7 million people were being paid PIP.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Hi since of August 2020,ive been unable to work due to hip osteoarthritis in both hips, I claimed for pip in November of the same year, I had my assessment in January 2021,3 weeks later I received my decision in which I got zero points on everything, the assessor had lied, with my condition I have pain from my lower back all the way down to my knees, I use crutches to get around, I've had to change my extra reception room into my bedroom as can't manage the stairs, I don't drive because of it, but apparently I drive an automatic car, my daughter does the cooking, as can't stand long enough, she helps with alot of things, which I told the assessor all of this, but still got zero, I've appealed the decision hopefully I get a better outcome, but this had made me really low, 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Susanfelix :) 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category. Did you have a specific question about PIP? What particular problems have you faced in getting awarded PIP? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that your unsuccessful application has made you feel really low @popdiva43. What stage are you at in your appeal? Have you sought out any professional advice? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.