PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Not Seeing A Doctor

jimmyjamtom18jimmyjamtom18 Member Posts: 3 Listener
I have a question I can't seem to find an answer for but does anyone know if the DWP can stop your pip if you start not seeing a doctor? 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,516 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 8
    You don't have to see a doctor in order to get PIP, i assume you mean a GP? it's not really a good idea not to have GP. Or do you mean a consultant?
    @jimmyjamtom18 welcome to scope.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

How would they know? 

It may be an issue when you renew if your not having treatment or taking meds but it isnt a requirement as such for PIP that you have seen your gp 

Lots of people during the pandemic haven't been able to see gp 
  • jimmyjamtom18jimmyjamtom18 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Basically I've had ongoing mental health since I was 6 I'm now 29 and for the last two years I've stopped my meds and seeing Medical professionals because I have lost all faith and trust in them and have started managing myself I've been reassessed and today started asked them to re-evaluate it because they have stopped it completely but reading the My Decision bit it seems alot of what I told them as been twisted to suit them and isn't at all how I explained myself and I wondered if the fact I've started managing myself would automatically allow them to say no 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,628 Disability Gamechanger
    They can only infer what you allow them to infer. The more detail you offer, the more explanation you offer for where you are now then the less able they are to draw wrong conclusions. Detail is your friend. 
Sign in or join us to comment.