How do I get support to get ground floor accommodation on severe disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I get support to get ground floor accommodation on severe disability

stephanie44 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Does anyone have any support or advice im 44yrs old and I need some where suitable ground floor flat or bungalow. As I have numerous health conditions and my copd and illnesses have worsened and i have been let down by my local council for 5 years and literally its affected my needs and mental health.


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger

    You need to referfir a care needs assessment and a ot will come and assess your housing needs and do a report which if recommended they will send ti council and thus should move you up the list 

    Another option could be to write to your local mp not always on board but some are 

    Or could you private rent 
  • Charlieniblett
    Charlieniblett Community member Posts: 54 Connected
    edited March 2021
    I’ve just had an Occupational therapist home/needs assessment and they have sent a report to the local council recommending level access, luckily our council manage all of their own housing stock and do a (Removed by moderator, profanity) good job of it, most people in my area tend to avoid housing association property as they are a nightmare to deal with. But it will all depend on your area and feedback from other council/home association tenants.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.