Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Who loves Lego (HOBBY) second time around?

fluffycatfluffycat Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
There is something about Lego in my third age. Most satisfying thing these days. (Cognitive function?)

Amazing creative those pile of bricks can be!

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,534 Disability Gamechanger
    Apparently lego has enjoyed a record years sales during the pandemic 
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,205 Disability Gamechanger
    I also love Lego but can no longer do it due to a vision impairment and iss6es with dexterity 

Have you been to lego land ? Took my son few years ago it was amazing 

Enjoy 
  • fluffycatfluffycat Member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    janer1967 said:
    I also love Lego but can no longer do it due to a vision impairment and iss6es with dexterity 

Have you been to lego land ? Took my son few years ago it was amazing 

Enjoy 
    Thanks...

Shame of your Lego woes. 

Yes, been 3 times. Is cool place. 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,213

Scope community team

I'd love to go to Legoland one day
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
    Loads to do. 
  • CharlieniblettCharlieniblett Member Posts: 54 Connected

My spare room!!
    Me too, in fact my head of carers told me last year that when she comes back from Maternity leave in July we might be able to go for a full day there and stay over in the Hotel if we bank enough hours.

I'm not even concerned about being too old for Lego at mid 40s nearly.

2 days is good if you can get with hotel. 

If you pick off season then best for queues. (though depends what rides you like, I'm more into dark rides)

My spare room!!
    Great set-up

I have a Euro train (which I added lights) and was a fabulous build. 

• carthacartha Member Posts: 1,388 Pioneering
    8<
    I'm not even concerned about being too old for Lego at mid 40s nearly.

I still enjoy Lego at 55 :-)  I bought loads for my daughter over the years and I have enjoyed it immensely. Every Xmas and birthday of hers was another excuse to buy her some more Lego for me to play... I mean for her to play with ;-)  She does love Lego as well but is off it at the moment. I have it all packed away ready to move but have a train and road set similar to @Charlieniblett 's photo. Would be nice to have the space to set it all up like that without having to pack it away at the end of the day.

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,075

Scope community team

@Charlieniblett Woah! Impressive set-up  :)

@SheffieldBloke1976 Funny you should say that - me and my other half made the Lego Friends Central Perk over Christmas and the New Year.  We were so close to finishing (just had Phoebe's stage to do or something like that), then... it fell of the cat tree and smashed into smithereens.  Granted storing it on the cat tree was not my finest hour!  But alas, we begin again.

I could spend hours doing Lego.  It definitely puts me back in touch with my inner child and is super relaxing!  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 344 Pioneering
    I loved Lego growing up, i used to make so many things, nice setup @Charlieniblett, looks a nice spare room with a great display, 
Sign in or join us to comment.