Been awarded daily living but not mobility. Is there much chance of them changing their mind? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been awarded daily living but not mobility. Is there much chance of them changing their mind?

Options
mick34uk
mick34uk Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone I have just received my pip award and I have been giving standard daily living. But I have scored 0 on the mobility section but I feel that's one of my main problems as I can't go outside without my partner with me as have crippling panic attacks and my partner drives me everywhere and has to be with me where ever I go holding my hand. It started with a fear of public transport but has become worse and worse and now I can't even take my kids to and from school or go with them to the park I only go out if I have to. But they said I can plan and follow journeys unaided. I am thinking of doing a mandatory consideration (if thats the name) with a few examples of of how it effects me and with a letter from my councillor.
 I guess my question is is there much chance of them changing there mind, or taking away the standard daily living? As the anxiety going through this process has been unbelievable which I'm sure you all know. First Post so sorry for long message thanks you.
Michael

Comments

• Audinut70
    Audinut70 Community member Posts: 133 Pioneering
    Options
    I know how you feel, i was down graded on my assessment, when i was actually worse, but to worried to appeal again, in case they took the lot. Obviously our condition isnt the real criteria for the claim, just who's dealing with it. Apart from the fact that they keep moving the goal posts.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry you feel your award isnt correct 

It is up to you if you feel it is worth appealing . The success rate for mr isnt that good but it is more successful at tribunal stage 

You may want to get some advice from welfare rights 
  • mick34uk
    mick34uk Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    Update - I put in a MR and have just had a phone call and they are giving me standard mobility so it was definitely worth putting the MR in. Thank you everyone :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Pleased to read your good news @mick34uk :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.