PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Appeal

sue_gillsue_gill Member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I put in for a appeal for my son who has gone from dla to pip and got the response from dwp and ended up in tears because they not got a clue how bad it can be so I withdrew my appeal but after a lot of thinking can I reinstate my appeal as why should they get away treating people like they do please advise

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,574 Disability Gamechanger
    The appeal response is absolutely bog standard template based stuff and nothing to worry about at all. Logically if it had nothing but positive cheerful stuff in it then why would you have been appealing. You can apply for the reinstatement of your appeal. Ordinarily you might have big issues with doing that but right now probably not.

If they don’t readmit it’s not a big deal. You’ve already done an MR so, provided you’re still within 13 months of the MR decision you can effectively submit the same SSCS1. Contrary to many assert himself on here you won’t necessarily have to explain why you’re then outside the one month time limit. 

Try and remember it’s not personal. You’re going to appeal because it hasn’t become personal enough i.e. this far you’ve not brought the case to life for them and turned a case into a person. Two detailed real world examples per points scoring activity of what goes wrong are what you need to focus on i.e. why can’t you do activity 1 reliably? What happens when you try? And so on. 

If you can get it up and running again then you also have loads of time to get representation. 
Sign in or join us to comment.