I'm losing my job in May — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm losing my job in May

Options
Awesomelorenzo
Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
edited March 2021 in Work and employment
I thought they might keep me on, but no. I don't really mind, it was getting boring anyway. 
I wanted to ask, do any of you actually like your jobs?
Job specifications these days are so annoying. They make out like you have to be estatic to go to work. You have to be passionate about certain things, and I'm not. The only thing I'm passionate about is tennis or TV. Sure I may think differently, or act differently, but I'm never going to be passionate about stacking a shelf.
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're losing your job @Awesomelorenzo but I'm sure it will help that you don't really mind. Are you going to look for another job? I haven't worked for over 20 years now due to disability, but I have to say I always enjoyed my jobs and had a great career with a number of employers, if I felt like a change I was lucky to work in an industry that always had plenty of opportunities.
    Take this time maybe to make sure you apply for any benefits you are entitled to when the time comes.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm also sorry to hear you're losing your job @Awesomelorenzo. Plenty of people enjoy their jobs, and sometimes you can find a passion or interest for something you'd never really considered before, and something that is quite different from the hobbies you enjoy outside of work. 

Sometimes a good starting point can be to think about what your values are, and what you'd be looking for in a job. For example, some people might prefer a fast paced workplace with lots of competition and pressure, whereas others might prefer something more relaxed or collaborative. Do you have any particular values? Are you passionate about selling products, developing products, caring for people, helping people? There are lots of things to consider.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.