Mum receives award for creating 'Magic Pants' and new inclusive children's fashion range — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mum receives award for creating 'Magic Pants' and new inclusive children's fashion range

Options
Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

A mum has won a prestigious award in recognition of her new inclusive kids clothing line.

Michelle Best, founder of Blossom & Best, is mum to two young children, one of whom has had high functioning autism for the past 5 years. Seeing the incontinence caused by her daughter’s sensory processing difficulties led Michelle to wonder how this would impact her confidence growing up, particularly in terms of clothing and style.

Taking matters into her own hands, Michelle designed and handmade her first pair of ‘Magic Pants’.  A comfortable piece of underwear that is fun and age appropriate.  The success of magic pants soon led to Michelle branching out, and her range is soon to include peg feed covers, tracheostomy covers and other adaptable clothing pieces.

For her work, Michelle received the Young Innovators’ Award. An award supported by Innovate UK and The Prince’s Trust which recognises young people with creative ideas and the potential to become entrepreneurs and business leaders.

Michelle was thrilled to receive this and said:

“The most rewarding part of my work is when I make a parent’s life less stressful, and give comfort and confidence to a child. I hope this is the year, with the help of the new site, that I can reach more people than ever before”.
A massive congrats and well done to Michelle from everyone here at Scope!  We are big fans of your work.

Do you have any thoughts about Michelle's Magic Pants and ideas for disabled children's clothing?  If so let us know in the comments below  :)
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.