Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Mum receives award for creating 'Magic Pants' and new inclusive children's fashion range
A mum has won a prestigious award in recognition of her new inclusive kids clothing line.
Michelle Best, founder of Blossom & Best, is mum to two young children, one of whom has had high functioning autism for the past 5 years. Seeing the incontinence caused by her daughter’s sensory processing difficulties led Michelle to wonder how this would impact her confidence growing up, particularly in terms of clothing and style.
Taking matters into her own hands, Michelle designed and handmade her first pair of ‘Magic Pants’. A comfortable piece of underwear that is fun and age appropriate. The success of magic pants soon led to Michelle branching out, and her range is soon to include peg feed covers, tracheostomy covers and other adaptable clothing pieces.
For her work, Michelle received the Young Innovators’ Award. An award supported by Innovate UK and The Prince’s Trust which recognises young people with creative ideas and the potential to become entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Michelle was thrilled to receive this and said:
Do you have any thoughts about Michelle's Magic Pants and ideas for disabled children's clothing? If so let us know in the comments below
Want to tell us about your experience on the online community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 840 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 270 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 774 Autism and neurodiversity
- 953 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments