Hi, my name is Lins56! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Lins56!

Options
Lins56
Lins56 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have been a carer for my daughter for over 20 years.. She was diagnosed with ADHD at 7,Aspergers at 11,borderline Personality at 18, Bipolar Disorder, various physical ailments including, gynaecological and dermatological and last year was diagnosed with Ideopathic Intracranial Hypertension and ended up in hospital for a month. She also had two urgent Cancer referalls, because of the Covid I've had to negotiate and instigate nearly all appointments, follow ups etc including the G. P secretary asking me to contact radiography for results and email Consultant secretaries as they were too short staffed. The GP surgery also left an urgent cancer referral unrequested until I checked up on it a week later and Texted my daughter about a cancer diagnosis when she knew nothing about it.
On top of all that her PIP was stopped in January as although they've had all paperwork since November the assessment services are so backlogged from Covid that they haven't even looked at it Yet. After having an indefinite claim on DLA for nearly  20 years, when she was moved over to PIP they said she wasn't entitled to anything, we ended up going to appeal which we won. What we didn't realise until after the third phonecall with PIP is that when it goes to appeal the court sets the end date it doesn't continue as it would until reviewed, it's treated as a new claim. I contacted our MP for help, he's opened a case, and written to the Secretary of State! Have heard no more.
Sorry for long post but maybe someone out there can help? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and sorry for all you are going through with your daughter 

Your gp surgery doesnt sound very helpful 

The pip situation is correct if the award was given at tribunal it is a new claim 

There are backlogs for assessments if she 7s awarded it will at least be backdated to when it ended 

Is there anything in particular you want help with 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Lins56 :)

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. Hopefully, @janer1967's post has helped to clarify the situation a little bit for you. Just to follow on from that though, please do let us know what else we might be able to help you with. 

Keep talking to us on the community and keep us updated on whether you make any progress with your MP. 

@Caz_Scope
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.