racism in football — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

racism in football

Options
Globster
Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,374 Disability Gamechanger
Hello Scope community 
I hope you all well and safe?
It a great shame to see racism rear ugly head in our beautiful game of football  
It has no place in society and in sport. 
Do think social media company need to do more?
I would appreciate getting  other views 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think social media companies do need to do more to ban those who put racist abuse online, however there also needs to be more action from clubs, fans and the governing authorities in my opinion. 

Education is a massive factor, and there needs to be more of it. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have to agree, social media can't be held responsible for everything that's wrong in society, there was racism in football long before facebook existed, its wrong and always has been but SM isn't the answer, education is.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    woodbine said:
    Have to agree, social media can't be held responsible for everything that's wrong in society, there was racism in football long before facebook existed, its wrong and always has been but SM isn't the answer, education is.
    One of my biggest hates about football and sport in general is how rude people are to those doing the sport. At a football match, on social media, with mates down the pub, the attitude and language you hear is dreadful. Even extending it to discuss matters beyond racism, the way some people speak is as though these people aren't even humans.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There has always been racism way before technology  it shouldn't be tolerated  but it goes on alot for all different reasons 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There has always been racism way before technology  it shouldn't be tolerated  but it goes on alot for all different reasons 
    In all honesty I think the only reason is that even in 2021 we still have people who are biggots, I suspect these "people" wouldn't object to a non white doctor saving their sorry lives.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.