DVLA Medical questionnaire — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DVLA Medical questionnaire

Daisy2006
Daisy2006 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2021 in Cerebral palsy
Hi I've decided I want to learn to drive and I have Cerebral Palsy. I have applied for my provisional and they have sent me medical questionnaires to complete. I'm struggling with answering some of the questions. It asks what adaptions I need. I can't answer that for sure as I haven't had any kind of assessment. I personally feel I will need hand controls as I have issues with foot pedals and my legs. Also I will only be able to drive an automatic transmission. Do I answer how I feel is the case? As I say I haven't  had any formal assessment of my driving needs/capabilities yet. I'm hoping the DVLA will send me for an assessment.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Daisy2006 and welcome to scope this evening, I'm not sure if the DVLA do assessments as such, don't they just contact your GP?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.