Appeal strategy for support group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal strategy for support group

Options
Andywheels56
Andywheels56 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
I have been placed in the wrag group for cb based ESA. I did not score any points at all but I qualified through regulation 29 on the form they sent me. They have decided that I suffer from a specific disease or bodily or mental disablement and that there would be a substantial risk to my mental or physical health if I was found not to have limited capability for work.  I requested an MR and sent a bit of general evidence but I have just got the reply back that they have not changed their minds and I remain in the wrag group. In the MR letter they have written that it is accepted that I am not fit for work at present, but the issue is wether I can do work related activity. How do I argue that reg 35 should also apply. I have looked at the support group descriptors and although I can manage them I cannot do them all the time without causing me undue distress and anxiety. 

Any thoughts on an appeal strategy would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.