Pension and ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Pension and ESA

Hi, first post, I was pointed in this direction from a phone call to scope. Does anybody know how my wife's contribution based ESA could be affected by taking the 25% tax free of her pension? She's also in the support group. The remaining 75% would be reinvested in a pension fund so there wouldn't be any regular earnings but more an added income for that tax year. The money would be used to buy a car and doing some things around the house so wouldn't be added to savings for very long. Hope this all makes sense and TIA for any advice

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?


Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.