Waiting times — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting times

tanya2595
tanya2595 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
Hey! So I have been waiting 19 weeks since applying for PIP and still haven’t had a assessment yet. Phoned IAS on 15th February and said I was in a waiting list, phoned again as follow up call on the 14th match and still I am in the waiting list. Still not heard off them yet for assessment so guessing I’m still in the waiting list. 

Has anyone else applied at roughly same time as me and still not had assessment? 

I know there busy and back logged just wondering if anyone else has been waiting this long. 

Thank you 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    It varies area by area some are busier than others some have bigger back logs and all are short staffed, Is this a first time application or a renewal? If its first time and you get an award it will be back dated, if it's a renewal what was the end date of the last award?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• tanya2595
    tanya2595 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    It’s a new claim, DWP told me it would all be backdated if I get the award. Okay I’m hoping it’s soon 

thank you 
  • Daisyt1996
    Daisyt1996 Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    I applied jan and got my call last week. I did actually ring up as I had not heard and she gave me a phone interview 3 days later. Mine in also a new claim. Then today I received a txt saying they had documents back etc. I don’t know if I was lucky just phoning that day to get an interview a full days later maybe call them as I did x
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    It took 6 months for me to get an assessment last year so fingers crossed it won't be too much longer for you to wait.
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.