If you could control time... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If you could control time...

Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
If you could control time, would you prefer to be able to:
National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

If you could control time... 10 votes

Rewind
80%
leeCalwoodbineGarzajaner1967vikingqueenWestHam06Ross_AlumniSandy_123 8 votes
Pause
0%
Fastforward
20%
Lisatho11987777Sad_Scotsman 2 votes

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Rewind
    I would rewind to when my dad was still with us , when u was still working and toby was a toddler 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Rewind
    For the lifestyle and the music I would rewind to the late 50's, for myself I would rewind to when my kids were small and not make the same mistakes.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,681 Disability Gamechanger
    Rewind
    Rewind it all but only knowing mistakes I made that could be altered
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    Rewind to when son was small.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,410 Disability Gamechanger
    Rewind
        Rewind to November 5th 1966 for personal reasons, and my life would have been very very different  :(
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Rewind
    Rewind to when the children were very young and try to get it right a second time. Also enjoy what I did get right all over again.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Fastforward
    I would fast forward past the corona virus where we are all safe and well and enjoying life I am a beliver  that when we were born our lives were already mapped out for us and I wouldn't want to go back to all the pain and headache the past is the past I just hope for a future 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Rewind
    As long as I can come back to the present after a look around, I'd say rewind.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Rewind
    I would fast forward past the corona virus where we are all safe and well and enjoying life I am a beliver  that when we were born our lives were already mapped out for us and I wouldn't want to go back to all the pain and headache the past is the past I just hope for a future 
    I believe that covid will be with us in one way or another for many years to come.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,365 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2021
    I wouldn’t mind going back to past decades but I think I would not want to live before 1950ish. I think before then things (specifically medicine and law and order) were not advanced enough and I would not feel secure. 1950-1980 I think I’d enjoy the way of life, the society, the politics and the entertainment. And of course not forgetting the cars back when it wasn’t considered taboo to drive round with a big engined vehicle.

That said I wouldn’t mind being a Roman if I was one of the proper Roman citizens and not a slave. They were very advanced with their technology and forward thinking for their time.

I honestly can’t really decide if I think things were better in the old days or not. Modern times has its flaws absolutely but I’m sure old times did as well.

Not sure I’d want to go forward as I would be leaping into the unknown! At least going back I know a little bit about it as it’s history!
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Fastforward
    @woodbine very true but I wouldn't want to go back and go through it again lol 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Rewind
    Interesting poll @Tori_Scope, thank you for sharing. 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Rewind
    I agree with @Ross_Scope, as long as I could come back and live in the here and now. I believe we can learn from the past to change the future and it would be good to get a feel for how things real were in the past. Thank you.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I loved my teenage years and the thought of a revisit sounds exciting. I suppose its a time when we I was young fit and healthy, and maybe I could just tweak a thing or two that I remember.
    The future is there for all and hopefully we will get to see a great deal of it and find it as exciting as we found our past. I would never had believed anyone if they had told me about all the Tech we have now, like mobile phones PC's and the internet. Who knows what next!
    We have memories and searching them is like going back. The present is what we make it, as is the near future. The further future is a mystery, but maybe exciting to discover. 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Press rewind, definitely.

That's because nostalgia for the past gets me every time :)

But there again, as the saying goes, the past is a nice place to visit but not always a good place to stay!
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 183 Pioneering
    rewind, there are certain points that if I could change things would mean my life today would be very different

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.