I keep getting the wrong point score, even after contesting my award. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I keep getting the wrong point score, even after contesting my award. Any advice?

Options
chrislawson425
chrislawson425 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I keep on having to contents my award with PIP, they keep on giving me the wrong point score and I have told honestly how my condition affects me, I'm Hemiplic down my left side which means that I have only really got use of my right side, every time I contest the decision t6hey come back with the same award.

is there any advise someone could give me as they don't seem to understand.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Have you put in a mandatory reconsideration? 

That is first stage to appeal a decision if that isnt successful and most often they are not you can go to tribunal 

You need to understand the descriptors and how you are affected in the first instance 
  • chrislawson425
    chrislawson425 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I have Janer1967, more than twice now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Whar have you done twice ? 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @chrislawson425, Hello Chris, I don’t expect that the assessor is awarding you the wrong points, it maybe the information, and evidence you submitted with your application is leading the assessor to the awarding of the points because the information or evidence supports the awarded points. Do you sent enough medical factual evidence a official diagnosis with hospital, consultant letters confirming your diagnosis. Have you had an health OT assessment of your needs for the daily living activities. Submitting as much information, evidence documentation,confirmation of your disability, and diagnosis and abilities relating to each of the descriptors giving examples of what does happen each time you attempt or try to preform each of the descriptors. Bearing in mind the safety aspect ,mother length of time to complete and your ability to repeat such activities.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry you continue not to get the award you're expecting @chrislawson425. Have you sought any expert advice? 

Just to make you aware, I've moved your post into our PIP category and renamed it slightly. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @mikehughescq, thanks I did my MR I sent in a  letter my Neurologist sent to my employer reference to my future abilities. It stated that my conditions would worsen,I had balance and mobility issues. I had stated his in my application for a change of circumstances and gave detailed information in relation to each activity/descriptor on the application form. But the assessor presumed, assumed that because I was able to use a boot and class3 mobility scooters and drive an automatic car I should be able to preform the said activities. I was awarded the same standard care, 8 points. I sent a 10 page printed MR giving details of where and why I should have been awarded points . Also I mentioned that I felt discriminated against plus my 6 & 8 year old grand sons can use either scooters of which one is disabled himself. My MR new award was enhanced daily living 14 points . The extra points where given in exactly as I put in my MR except the budgeting activity.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.