Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Loud noises from Construction site next to building

JamieLeeSAMPLEJamieLeeSAMPLE Member Posts: 9 Connected
I am looking for some advice. I am a noise-sensitive Autistic loving next to the building site. I was able to cope by putting tv on how; however, Sunday, the Builders were so loud the building I live in was vibrating they started at 11am and didn't Finsh till 7. I am also Shielding due to Diabetes. How they were still making noise till 9 pm tonight. Honestly I don't know how much I can take.
Tagged:

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,516 Disability Gamechanger
    The good news is @JamieLeeSAMPLE that from midnight nobody has to shield any more. As for the noise have you spoke to your local council? very often when they give planning permission they will stipulate days/times when the work can be done and when it can't, give them a call.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • JamieLeeSAMPLEJamieLeeSAMPLE Member Posts: 9 Connected
    Yeah that's great however this happened I was sheilding and can't go else where till 9pm yet as no pubs or bars or group will be open yet
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,039

Scope community team

Hi @JamieLeeSAMPLE :) I'd second the advice to speak to your local council to see whether you have grounds to make a noise complaint. 

In the meantime, have you tried noise cancelling headphones? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.