What will you be doing for Easter? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What will you be doing for Easter?

Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
I know we're not back to normal yet, but does anyone have any nice plans for the Easter weekend? What food will you be having? Do you have any Easter traditions?

Whatever you get up to, the community team all hope you have a restful weekend :) 

colourful Easter Eggs in a nest on the grass
National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Would normally join family at Clumber Park for Easter egg hunt , followed by meal out somewhere. 

But wont be doing that still isolating till Monday so wont be doing much . Apart from a visit to the kitchen,  bathroom,  bedroom might even spoil myself and go to the garden 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    We've splashed out on a leg of Lamb for Sunday, cost a small fortune, spent half of today removing an overgrown ivy from the garden, other than that nothing really, when I was working I hated bank holidays I still don't like them now, but shops reopen a week on Monday, good excuse to stop spending money we don't have on Amazon.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hope the weather is nice enough for you to spoil yourself with a trip out into the garden this Easter weekend @janer1967!

And that leg of lamb sounds very tempting @woodbine. Bet you're looking forward to that - with a nice bit of mint sauce, maybe? 

If the weather does happen to stay fine this weekend, I think we'll be participating in that good old British tradition of mowing the lawn. That's if it doesn't snow
     :D 

What's everybody else up to for Easter?
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Tomorrow it'll be sausage sandwiches for brunch, and then yummy cheese burgers for tea :) Of course with a lovely egg thrown in for good measure. A nice relaxing Sunday
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I'm not bothered about the weather this Easter weekend because we are staying in this year and having a lovely quiet time at home. Nothing taxing to do, just laying around, watching tv,  eating good food, having a drink, maybe two, one evening and just lazing around,  ----- Ahh! Heaven. 
  • Caz_Alumni
    @Dragonslayer - couldn't agree with you more :)

I think home is often the very best place to be on a bank holiday weekend!

I don't think that I would fancy venturing out too far over the next couple of days anyway, just in case of crowds!

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    In past years we have ventured out at Easter ? braving the weather whatever it may be, sun, hail, snow or gales. Possibly visiting a garden centre to buy some spring plants or summer seeds or alternatively having a pot of tea for two at a favourite watering hole or both.

But this year we are staying in for numerous reasons and we have everything we need right at home, hot water bottles, Brandy, chocolate biscuits and coffee, what could possibly be better apart from perhaps watching an old film on tv like ‘Brigadoon’.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Me and mum went to portcawl today there was a few people about but we kept away from them and walked down to the treco Bay end it was quite down that end  we had a Greg's  before we walked  had a macdonalds  on way back both had a nice shower watching tv eating cakes lol ? x
  • Caz_Alumni
    That sounds lovely @lisathomas50 - I don't think I've ever been round those parts. 

If the weather stays nice, I reckon we might have a drive with the family tomorrow - somewhere out in the country.

Plus of course, there's lots of chocolate-eating to be getting on with ;)

• Caz_Alumni
    I tip my hat to you, @Username_removed - that's a very productive long weekend already! 

Sounds like the weather has been good to you as well! Though I'm not much liking your forecast for tomorrow, albeit it is pretty typical for a bank holiday. 

Enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.