Certain discrepancies with PIP, could DWP deny my claim, even based on the IAS report? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Certain discrepancies with PIP, could DWP deny my claim, even based on the IAS report?

smstratford
smstratford Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I've told them nothing but the truth during the telephone consultation - I was recommended 8 points, according to the health professional's assessment report (Done by the IAS)

What are the chances the DWP will turn around and decide not to award me the PIP? The assessor wrote I have arthritis in my spine, I never mentioned this and it's not the case, unless she was referring to my cervical spine (neck). She also recommended 8 points for the mobility aspect of the award. My medical reports from August say mild rheumatoid arthritis but my condition had since worsened.

I'm not sure if DWP can completely deny my claim, as it seems as though from what I've read online, I simply got lucky with what my assessor recommended me

(I'm technically entitled for 10-11 points IMO, for the daily living aspect but I'll take what I've been given) So the only concern is the DWP, I've got a good 5 more week AT LEAST, until they reach a decision. 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    The assessment report is evidence. The DWP decision maker makes the decision.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • smstratford
    As 10 or 11 points will not change the award a DM can and will stop once 8 have been found. 

A worsening of your condition is completely irrelevant. You’re being assessed on what you were like at your date of claim. 
    Oh I see, thanks - Yeah, I thought as much, super nervous about if they'll just turn around and say we're deducting XYZ number of points from what was recommended because of whatever reason. Fingers crossed though, I was hoping to finally take driving lessons if I got PIP and buy some other stuff I need around the house 
  • smstratford
    calcotti said:
    The assessment report is evidence. The DWP decision maker makes the decision.
    Thanks for the reply! Fingers crossed 8 points will remain 8 points 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.