Employment and careers
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi! Who has worked from home during sheilding and now has to return to the office?

Dee2021Dee2021 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 7 in Employment and careers
Hi everyone I'm just wondering who has worked from home during sheilding and now has to return to the office even though you can work fully from home. 
My GP gave me a note only for four weeks home working as suggested but I'm stuck and they are saying I've got to go into the office as I've been home long enough, they've worked since last year! Not helpful as I've worked to

Replies

• Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

Hello @Dee2021

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us! 

I'm sure there are many of our users who have experienced shielding and are currently in the process of transitioning back into the office, or are contemplating when that time may come.

Have you discussed your situation with your employer? You could broach the subject of flexible working, or permanent home working. They may be willing to make some adjustments for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,428 Disability Gamechanger
    My daughter has been working from home since a week before the first lockdown (not shielding they just closed the office) the last she heard was that there would be no change until September and even then they would be working 2 or 3 days at home and 2 or 3 days in the office. What I do know is that she is getting fed up, but the odd thing is she has been promoted once during lockdown and is about to be promoted again.
    Strange times we live in.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • Dee2021Dee2021 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you for answering and great going promotion!
    I'm hoping others on sheilding may know or can help with answers, I'm worried about going into the office and being singled out 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,428 Disability Gamechanger
    I suppose the question is, is the office set up for you to work safely? If it is then it might be a good time to get back to something like normal.
    All shielding as I'm sure you know ended on April 1st.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,564 Disability Gamechanger
    This is where unions come in. 
  • Dee2021Dee2021 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    I will continue to wait for my union to contact me, as the government guidance is work from home if possible, which it's possible, so not reasonably acceptable to demand I work in the office yet 
  • Caz_AlumniCaz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 626 Pioneering
    edited April 7
    Hi @Dee2021

Just wanted to say hi and add my welcome to the community :)

That sounds like a good plan. No doubt your union will be in touch with you in due course. Hope you find something out pretty soon. Do drop by again to let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.