Neurological conditions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is Ash1972! New here. I have Parsonage Turner Syndrome

Ash1972Ash1972 Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 7 in Neurological conditions
I recently read a post by a member re Parsonage Turner Syndrome, a condition which I have had since August 2019.
Im lucky to be free from the acute pain when the symptoms was at it high. Extremely crippling. The effects targeted my upper right chest and tricep, with 40 percent loss. Though im working on getting bk in shape as I was a keen athlete. 
The lingering sum are weakness and most recently started to drop things and finding it difficult to open any packets, cans, mostly the small motor functions. Bloody annoying, to top it off, been referred to surgery to have the gall bladder removed and left shoulder surgery, plus a mri on the brain. The pain from the gall bladder would say is equally as bad a the Parsonage. Too scared to eat after 6pm.
I was wondering if this condition counts as a disability, i have recently applied for PIP. 
and
Hopefully i will be on the mend. With the big 50 next year.

I would appreciate any links /organisation or similar peeps to help advise with this condition.

Thank you 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,120 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome and thanks for sharing with us about your conditions 

PIP isn't about the diagnosis or condition but how you are affected with the tasks and daily living 

Have a look at the descriptors to see what they assess you against 

The PIP section in here will show them 

Any questions just ask 
  • Caz_AlumniCaz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 626 Pioneering
    edited April 7
    Hi @Ash1972 :)

First of all, welcome to the community! It's good to have you with us. 

Thanks for telling us a bit more about yourself. Hopefully, some of our members will reach out to chat and recommend some additional support networks for Parsonage Turner syndrome. 

Also, following on from janer1967's post, I've included a link to the relevant page where you can find some of our member's posts on PIP and related benefits. You can find that here

Hope that's helpful to you in getting started on the community. Just give us a shout if you have any questions or you would like some help finding your way round. 

p.s. I know it's a way off yet, but wishing you all the best for the run-up to your big 5-0 next year :smiley:
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ash1972Ash1972 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you so much.  <3
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @Ash1972 and thank you for telling us a bit about what you've been through, I hope you enjoy being part of the community :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.