How do you stay healthy? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you stay healthy?

Options
Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
Today is World Health Day. This year's theme is building a fairer, healthier world. 

I've listed just a few resources below on some key themes of healthy-living. Please comment your own tips and tricks below.

Alcohol Consumption

Drinkaware is a good resource if you're worried about your drinking habits. You can use their website to find out how to reduce your drinking, discover whether you might be drinking too much, and track your drinking. They have lots of good information about seeking advice and support, so please do check-out their website.

Drug Usage

Drug usage can be a difficult thing to talk about. FRANK has a wealth of straightforward information on different kinds of drugs, as well as help and advice on what to do if you're worried about your (or someone else's) drug usage. You can also contact them directly:
Call - 0300 123 6600
Text - 82111
Email

Mental Health

The Mental Health Foundation has some sound top tips on how to look after your mental health. 

Getting Active

The NHS website has a page on getting active if you're disabled, or living with a long-term health condition. This contains some tips, as well as links to accessible exercise opportunities. 

Smoking

Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do to look after your health. However, it's really hard to do it alone. The NHS website has a page on NHS smoking services to help you quit

Eating Well

Improving your diet is also a really important part of becoming more healthy. The NHS website has a useful page on how to eat well.

Do you know of any other resources? Do you have any healthy recipes to share? What is your exercise routine? Is anything stopping you from improving your health?
National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Over the last few weeks I've managed to cut my smoking in half almost, had to get weighed at the doctors today and have only put on 3lbs since November, on a negative note my BP is a big concern again (can't win them all).
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I find being at the doctors makes my blood pressure go up @woodbine

I gave up smoking some some years ago now and I hardly drink any alcohol at all, I just don’t think about it. However I am overweight and need to walk more or diet or both, still summers coming...salad weather etc.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @leeCal I was dead chuffed I was convinced i'd put a stone on !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.