Husband has LCW. His condition worsened. He has a 3 month sick note. Will his claim for LCW stop? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Husband has LCW. His condition worsened. He has a 3 month sick note. Will his claim for LCW stop?

Options
mumelaine63
mumelaine63 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
My husband was awarded LCW 18 month ago (they ignore first £292 of my wage) he has got worse also diagnosed with psoriasis arthritis now and finding it difficult to climb stairs and get in and out of bath I have let universal credit know and this morning he had a phone appointment by doctor who has given him a 3 month sick note, my question is has anyone been through this and will his claim for LCW stop now ? Thanks in advance 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You need to report a new medical condition in his journal and send off the fit note 

This will prompt a reassessment process based on worsening condition 

He will remain as lcw until the reassessment has completed and new decision made 

Hope this helps any further questions just ask 
  • mumelaine63
    mumelaine63 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
    Options
    Thank you very much 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.