I usually renew my car tax for 12 months, but my PIP ends in January 2022. What do I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I usually renew my car tax for 12 months, but my PIP ends in January 2022. What do I do?

buddy85
buddy85 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello can anyone help with my query
My pip was due to end in April 2021, I get high rate mobility.  However I was given an extension till January 2022 due to the pandemic and then since got a review pack last month and I am waiting for the results. 
However my car tax is due this month and I normally renew for 12 months as disabled class so it's free.
But because my award is only till January 2022 can I still apply and also I dont think I was sent an updated certificate when my award was extended 
Thank you
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

You won't have been sent a new certificate with the extension letter

Sorry I'm not too sure of the answer about your car tax other members may know or you can contact dvla to ask them . 

Hope you get it sorted 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @buddy85, I think you should relax your car I take it it’s not a mobility car as you tax your own car. Tax your car then phone DVLA and explain your concerns and I expect you will be told that if your enhanced mobility is renewed then a new exception certificate will be issued and you can claim a refund for the tax that is owed.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't think you need a new certificate for renewal?  Just renew online as disabled class for now.  If you lose the PIP you'll have to apply to change the tax class after that point.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.