I've been moved onto UC. Our other benefits were stopped, will they be backdated? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been moved onto UC. Our other benefits were stopped, will they be backdated?

samcampbell07
samcampbell07 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am a carer for my partner who had pip stopped and then reinstated before tribunal, for 3 months pip was backdated but carers allowance, income support and all other benefits were stopped too and none have been backdated as yet,  now been moved on to universal credit and re applied for carers allowance, will the other benefits be backdated ? Would appreciate any advice

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Universal Credit cannot be backdated for more than a month and unless you have a good reason for not claiming sooner (such as being in hospital) it will not be backdated at all.

You should be able to get the Carer's Allowance backdated provided you make clear the circumstances.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • samcampbell07
    Thank you but it's not not the universal credit that i am enquiring about, it's the income support that we were previously recieving that stopped after origional pip decision.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Once you have received the PIP decision you will need to contact IS to ask them to review the decision to stop the IS.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • samcampbell07
    Ok thank you, i will do that.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.