Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I currently work. We have a mortgage, but I also rent out a property. Would this affect ESA?

Broreb1981Broreb1981 Member Posts: 5 Listener
I currently work 35 hours but it's becoming harder and harder to continue. We have a mortgage on our home but I also own another property that I rent out. Would this affect any esa I'm entitled to. 


  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,215 Pioneering
    The only ESA you can claim is 'new style' ESA which is a contribution based benefit. It is not affected by other income or capital so your second property will not matter.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.