Can you use previous PIP/Tribunal Award as evidence? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you use previous PIP/Tribunal Award as evidence?

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
Just helping my partner fill out her application for PIP as her award is coming to an end.

The tribunal awarded her enhanced mobility (previously no mobility award) on top of standard daily living because the DWP “grossly underestimated the psychological impact of her condition when going out”.

I was just wondering can a copy of this be used to show proof of needing someone with her to travel?

I have a feeling the DWP will just expect this to have magically changed now she’s reapplying.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Always treat a renewal the same as you would a new application, any relevant evidence is good.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You can send whatever evidence you like but less is more and should be relevant.  If it evidences how her condition affects her mobility 

Also you are told to only send in new evidence I would presume they all ready have the tribunal report 

But the decision is entirely yours 
  • PIPnewbie
    Thanks for the replies guys.

@janer1967 so is there any point in sending in proof of her Crohn’s and any of the evidence used the first time around since they will already have it?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If is only my opinion  and others may disagree but I am sure the instructions tell you to only send new evidence? 

It is what I did for my last review . I had new prescription list and letter from consultant to confirm treatment and my loss of sight in one eye as this was new condition since last review 

That is all I sent off 

Concentrate more on your form completion and even if no change in condition still explain how your partner is affected against each relevant descriptor 

Give real examples of what happens for each task 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope the replies on this thread have been useful for you @PIPnewbie :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • PIPnewbie
    @Username_removed wow, thank you for the link. I’ve copied it all down. That’s some solid advice.

I never knew your own personal testimony would trump medical evidence as obviously the former can be embellished whereas the latter from professionals can’t.

@Ross_Scope yes indeed. Everyone’s been a great help but Mike’s thread was golden!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.