Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration

Options
nicoleleex
nicoleleex Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hey this is a long one, I applied for pip back in october finally got my phone appointment and scored no points atol, put in a mr 5 weeks ago still not heard back yet, but my phycitrist has gave me a letter stating that I have complex trauma disorder (ptsd) and struggle to leave the house, I scored 29 out off 32 on the core 10 and that's severe physiological distress , I also have arthritis in my spine, a buldging disc, and degenerative disc disease,  I also have systemic mastositosis. I have had to get ambulance out and get needles in my bum and back cause I cant move my back or my legs I also have nerve damage, I have all the medical evidence etc, dose anyone think this would be enough to change there mind, I'm on loads of pain killers cant even take my kids to school and nursery cause some days I cant get out my bed!   I'm only 26 x

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn't about what's wrong with you but how it impacts your daily living/mobility, around 40% of MR's get an award, but be prepared to go to appeal try and get welfare rights to help if you need to.
    You should expect to hear something from them re:MR in the next couple of weeks.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @nicoleleex

Welcome to the community, I'm glad you've joined us. 

It seems as though you are finding daily activities and mobility difficult at the minute, I hope the MR goes your way, but if you feel as though you need further help with ultimately being awarded your claim, places like Advice Local or Welfare Rights are good options. As above, it's important to remember that PIP isn't really about a diagnosis, it's more about the way in which your conditions impact your ability to do the tasks mentioned in the descriptors.

Do you have any support in place at the minute to manage your mental health and daily tasks? You spoke of sometimes struggling to get your kids to school, do you live with anybody else who is there to take them in those eventualities?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • nicoleleex
    nicoleleex Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi yes I have alot off people in everyday to help me my sons gran takes my son to school and there dad takes them to nursery, yeah I totally understand that, it's how it affects you. Fingers crossed I win the mr, it was welfare rights who put the mr in for me x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.